Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, January 18, 2009

If you want to feel like a winner.......

Hello There My Lovelies.........

Today I went to a yoga class at my gym. If you ever want to feel better about yourself, you should come with me to a yoga class and do it next to me. You will most likely do better than me.

I haven't done yoga in a couple of years. I consider myself to be moderately fit. But damn, I was huffing and puffing in yoga class today. The instructor kept doing exercises involving upper arm strength, and it was so hard for me. It is so easy to forget to breath properly. But I have the upper arm strenght of a kitten and this woman would not let up with the damn positions involving upper arms. I wanted to quit many times. I did take a couple of breathers here and there, but I did stick it out until the end. For that, I am proud of myself.

I've been wanting to improve on my upper arm strength, so I will have to suffer for a while before I start seeing improvements. No pain, no gain, baby. Today there was definitely some pain, so I guess I am good for now. I guess that things will get better if I keep trying. Arm workouts are the worst, but I do want to have more arm strength. In bellydance, I like to dance on the floor and hold myself up with both arms. It's very powerful if I can pull it off, and I want to be able to pull it off.

Other than that, nothing more to report really. The weather has been splendid around here. I walked to my gym in a tank top. Unfortunately the weather will return to cold and rainy by the end of this week, but I enjoyed the warm break while it lasted. It's like a little preview of the spring and summer. Makes me want to work on getting into better shape for bikini season.

Okay, enough for now. Time to catch up on reading for my classes. Tootles :)

4 comments:

Winivere said...

Love the pic in the header! LOL @ what did you write about here? Have to go back to read it. LOL

Winivere said...

Ahhh... YOGA! I wish I could still do all that stuff! I was so good at it. Grrr @ this bod keeps fighting me from doing what I used to be able to do.
XX

Myra said...

What I love about yoga is its a great workout without feeling you've worked out. Ok, well, maybe right now you're feeling it in your arms...but just think how nice and toned they will be come bikini season! One of my yoga instructors says, "check your ego at the door; don't compare yourself to anyone else; do the best you can; feel good that you made it".

Big Mark 243 said...

Since this reads like you have done this before, I won't be 'rah rah' with this. The thing to get your arms toned, IMO, is going to be tricep press and kick backs.

But what works for you, is what you work with. Could only imagine how sexy and alluring you'd be toned up!