Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Friday, January 9, 2009

Me no likey.......

Hello There My Lovelies,

School just started, and I am not starting the quarter off on the best foot.

I took Civil Litigation last quarter, and now I am taking Advanced Civil Litigation this time around. I was only supposed to buy one textbook for the two classes. But when I took Civil Litigation last quarter I had the 4th Edition and now in Advanced Civil Litigation they want me to use the 5th Edition.

I thought that I could just use the old book since the terminology is essentially the same, but then I compared the two books and realized the laws changed so I really do have to buy the new book.

So I find out that both bookstores are out. I drive 20 min to another school campus with a paralegal program and the sales people there aren't happy that I want to buy
books from their store because I am not a student there. They try to tell me that they may not be able to sell it to me. I gave them the look of death, but I did end up with the book in the end.

The total damage was $150 for a small textbook that I shouldn't have even had to buy in the first place. It was like getting butt raped with no lube. So not looking forward to the credit card bill for next month.

What else..... my teacher for my Advanced Civil Lit class is a grade A grouch. Plus he split us up into groups. I can't tell you how much I hate groupwork. There is always a slacker, and you always end up picking up the slack.

On another note, I think I may be starting to get sick. My roommate is sick and so is my coworker. Right now I am starting to feel dizzy when I walk around. This really sucks because I have Bankruptcy Law class tomorrow morning and I can't afford to skip it because I only have class once a week. I also have to work, and I have no more sick days left.

Anywho, time to log off right now as it is getting really hard to concentrate.

2 comments:

Myra said...

Nasty bug going around - take care of yourself! I don't get why textbooks are so darn expensive!

Mike said...

Textbooks are always an ass raping. Teachers usually get some incentive to use them for there class. We always use to race to the bookstore the end of the semester to grab all the used books for the next semester.