Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, January 5, 2009

Just Passing Time

Hello All,

I am just sitting here bored and trying to pass the time. I've had this blog for 5 years now. My 5th anniversary was on December 29th.

I was reading my earlier entries and it's interesting to see how I've changed. I used to complain about boys all the time. I read some of my older entries and I see ISSUES !! lol

I was also reading the posts I wrote from when I was living abroad in Barcelona. I sure did have some adventures abroad. I experienced a rollercoaster of emotions while I lived abroad: happiness, excitement, confusion, depression and accomplishment.

I kinda miss how freely I used to live my life. I just packed up all my things and moved to Spain for a year after college, with really no set plans in mind. I didn't know how long I was going to be abroad. I ended up lasting for a year. And somehow, things ended up working out while I was there. Sure, it wasn't the perfect arrangement. I didn't end up landing a lucrative job or marrying my prince charming. But I never went hungry, I never had to worry about sleeping on the street, and I never worried about my safety. Somehow things worked out. Something came through at the last minute.

While I lived there I didn't have working papers but I managed to find places to live, find a job, open a bank account, find students, and go out almost every weekend. I rarely ever stayed home alone on weekends by myself. I was usually up to something. I went to clubs, went out to eat, the movies, dancing.......

I wouldn't take that trip back for the world. I am still single, still no children, still not a lot of responsibility. The only thing I really am chained to is my car payment. It is so tempting to travel all over again.

At the same time, my career is really important to me. I am working very hard to try and get a better job in the legal field.

I am giving myself one year to find a legal job. The process can be lengthy for people like me who are just starting out in this field, but I think I will find a job within that time period.

However, if it doesn't happen, I promise that I will put everything in storage and travel abroad.

1 comment:

Big Mark 243 said...

Reading this, I don't know what to say. So much of it reminded me of my days in 'the run 'n shoot' that I don't know where to begin.

Don't feel anything but good for having chosen the path you did. Keep that sense and willingness to seek out adventure. Many people think that their lives is going to come to them. But I believe, and have heard it said, that if you find where you are supposed to be, the love and the job will find YOU.

Just a thought. Especially worrying about 'finding boys'. Find your 'place' and the job and 'the boy' will find you!

Remember that you are at the right age (is there a better time in life than the mid 20 - 30's?) to settle in and fight the fight!