Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, January 5, 2009

Interview

Hello There My Lovelies,

So today I interviewed with a legal temp agency. The lady that interviewed me said that I did very well, that I was on top of my game and sounded confident. She was happy with the volunteer and internship experience. She did have a small complaint and told me that while she interviewed me that I was talking too loud, but I can deal with that. It's easy to fix and all I have to do is simply lower my voice.

Unfortunately there are no available positions at the time. Not to say that I was surprised, because HELLO ! it is the new year, and business is slow and the economy sucks balls. They estimated that business will pick up by March or April, which I can totally deal with. By then I will be done with all my classes.

After she talked to me she had me take 3 tests at a computer on legal terminology, Microsoft Word 2000 and a typing test.

I kicked ass in legal terminology portion. I only missed 1 of the 35 questions. Unfortunately I wasn't so lucky with Microsoft Word. Since I only have used it in writing papers, I got totally lost when I was asked to insert graphics and do specialized things. As far as the typing test went, I think that I did average, but I am still waiting to find out on that.

So improving on MS Word and my typing is the easiest part. I could do that in two weeks at my school. Since school is just starting this week, I will sign up for a refresher course in Word Excel.

I tried calling the recruiter after the interview and of course she was unavailable. I left her a message, but I would be lucky if she decides to return my calls. I have found that most recruiters can't be bothered to return my calls. It sucks, but such is life. I am just starting out, and perhaps as I gain more experience and become more placeable, they'll start responding a little faster.

Luckily I have two other legal placement agencies to meet with, and they are relatively the same.

After my interview, I noticed a lady who's car battery died. When I first pulled in the parking lot this morning, I saw a car with it's headlites on. I tried to find the owner, but to no avail. So when I come out of the office a couple of hours later, she is sitting in her car on the phone, calling for help, because her car battery died. I ask her if she needed help with her car because I noticed her lights were left on earlier, and she said yes. Luckily I had jumper cables in my car. My dad gave me a little emergency kit for my car one year, which has definitely been useful.

So I jump started her car, and found out that she goes to my same school, and was interviewing for an office assistant position. She was in the room next to me interviewing, and apparently I was loud because she told me that she heard me and said that I sounded confident in my interview.

Very nice lady, and I was glad I could help her. I almost felt like I was rescuing a damsel in distress in the rain, haha. The weather did suck today. Cold and rainy.
But I hear that should be changing this weekend. I hear it's supposed to be sunny and in the 70s. I sure hope so.

Anywho, that is all for today.

3 comments:

Myra said...

Great to have experience interviewing, and getting the feedback on how to improve. Hang in there, finish school and a good position will be available for you. Always keep abreast of the latest technology - a refresher course is a good idea! Take care...

Mike said...

Congrats on doing well on your interview. It's always good to get constructive feedback.

Big Mark 243 said...

Ditto the other two comments ... it is a new year, and the longer you keep the attitude, the better it will be.