Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, January 19, 2009

So Sore

Hello There My Lovelies,

I have to say that I am real sore from yesterday's yoga. I am happy about that because it means that I am making progress. The key is to keep on showing up at those yoga classes.

I did more dance practice today. I practiced a little with the sword and did a little bit of floor work. I enjoy sword dance, but the problem is that although there are tons of bellydancers here in the area, I don't know of any that actually teach sword dance, and those that do are very limited. So therefore, I have to teach myself. Sometimes I wish I had someone there to give me some inspiration or teach me new moves. All I can do is watch other performers with the sword and try and teach myself.

I learned the sword for the very first time from my first bellydance teacher back in 2003. Back then I didn't have the patience to practice balancing it on my head, and it always fell off. Dancing on the floor with a sword on my head was unthinkable, and my knees were always sore.

But my classmate learned back then and was very graceful and elegant. She looked like a Native American goddess.

Then two years later in 2005 after I came back from Spain, I ran into her in a new dance class and we started dancing together. I told her I wanted to learn how to dance with the sword and she taught me how. And it took a lot of practice, but I persisted and now it's my thing.

I went to Kentucky Fried Chicken today on my way to work to pick up some fried chicken. I've been craving that for the past month and decided to allow myself two pieces and some corn.

So I ordered it, and it was obvious that it had been under the lamps for a while. I was so disappointed. The last time I had KFC was over the summer last year. And that time it was so good, I was licking my fingers afterward. This time it tasted like a greasy, rubber tire.

I didn't work this hard and have a huge craving like this only to get disappointed by old fast food.

I will just have to go to a different KFC later.

1 comment:

Winivere said...

Hey, S... I had a craving for fried chickent this week, too. What a disappointment! I see you were just as disappointed as I was!
XX