Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Soul Patch





Hello There My Lovelies,

In dating we all have preferences and pet peeves. You know, little things that really shouldn't bother us but really do. In talking to my guy friends, some say that it gets under their skins when they see a girl who doesn't keep her toenails painted. Some men can't stand short hair on a woman. Some women hate balding, and my good friend won't even look twice at a guy if his mouth isn't clean or if his teeth are crooked.

Well, my pet peeve in men is the soul patch. I can't stand them. Apparently I am not the only chica that feels this way. Look it up on Urban Dictionary. Below are some of the other words used to describe it:

soul patch, goatee facial hair, beard mustache, chin pubes, flavor saver moustache, van dyke, flava sava, cool douchebag tag, sexy giggler patch, pussy tickler, dirty sanchez ,stubble hair, sole-patch heart mong potato chin, fu man chu stache

Haha, douche bag tag is my favorite.

I am sorry to say that most of the guys that I have met with soul patches have turned out to be rather douchey. Now before you jump all over me, remember I said MOST. I am sure that there are some wonderful men out there that just happen to wear these awful douche bag tags. But you know, stereotypes do exist for a reason.

And in the spirit of fairness, women do have "tags" of their own. While they can't sport a soul patch, they can wear a tattoo on the small of their back known as the "tramp stamp."

And before I go, I will leave you with an article a blogger wrote who happens to share the same point of view that I do from Lainey Gossip http://laineygossip.com/Billy_Ray_Cyrus__has_a_douchebag_soul_patch_at_the_American_Music_Awards.aspx?IsMicro=0

P.S: I swiped the photo of the guy above, and the cartoon from Google images. No copyright infringement intended. I don't know who the man is, but I hope he doesn't end up here.

2 comments:

Myra said...

I have to admit I didn't know what that was until I read further in your blog! Hmmm, I don't really care for it either, but I do like a goatee. I look at a man's hands, clean hands, clean, trim fingernails, large hands that can cover mine...man, that just does it for me! My husband has very sexy hands, and that is the first thing I noticed about him...the rest is history :)

Big Mark 243 said...

But you know, stereotypes do exist for a reason.


Yes they do. Most of the cats I have seen with one, look sort of 'douchey' to me too.

But as mushy ('fluffy' is what I have been called) as I am, I don't know if I am one to talk ... after all, I cried at the end of 'Loving Leah' the Hallmark Movie on CBS!!