Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

7 Things I Want to Do Before I Die

Aloha my Lovelies,

I think that everyone, no matter what their responsibilities are should have a list like this. With the economy in the crapper, and with people who have responsbilities like kids or sick parents, it's near impossible to think about things you would like to do for fun or excitement.

But I still think it doesn't hurt to dream. You never know when things can change, you never know when you will get the chance to do things you want to do. Well, at least that's how my life is. It changes so fast. The predictable thing about my life is that it's so unpredictable.

But when I do get the opportunity, here are some things I would like to do.......................

1.) Go skydiving
2.) Learn another language: Arabic or Russian
3.) Go to New York City and see Ellis Island and try to locate my great- grandparents' records
4.) Live in another country at least one more time
5.) Travel the world. That is very broad, but some countries on my list are: Holland, Morocco, Egypt, Lebanon, Russia. I am open minded to more.

2 Things I am considering doing down the road..............

1.) Going to law school, and trying to get into an ivy league school ( That ship may have sailed)
2.) Living in San Francisco or New York City

Let's take a step back, and I'll share some of the things that I actually DID do that were once on my wish list or I thought were important.................

1.) Lived in Barcelona for a year. I traveled there alone and lived and worked under the table. I even tried to get Spanish citizenship.
2.) I danced with my bellydance idol, Tito at his workshop.
3.) I've changed my career and gotten my certificate.
4.) I've volunteered in the community
5.)I got a body piercing
6.) Not only did I make bellydance my passion, but I also learned how to dance with the double veils and the sword.
7.) I visited a concentration camp. (Not really a happy moment, but I felt it was something I needed to do)
8.) I've started a blog and it's been almost 6 years and I'm still blogging
9.) I was able to thank my Oma for her teaching me German and about my roots and let her know how greatful I was before she passed away.


If you have some things you'd like to do, please share. It may give me more ideas........

4 comments:

Mike said...

Great list. I usually make items on my list into singles events. Better not to do them alone.

Big Mark 243 said...

This is an inspirational kind of post.

I want to go to the Yukon Territories ... would sub it out for Denali for that. And go to the South Pacific. If I ended up like Tom Hanks in 'Castaway', I would not complain one bit (provided I don't have dental trouble!)

You should look at this list of goals and accomplishments and remember that you are as capbable as you believe yourself to be! Way to go!!

Myra said...

You've put it out to the universe...she might just give it back to you! The positive vibrations you put out, are bound to come back to you ten-fold! I want to go to Paris, France, Madrid, Spain. I'd like to do some type of Peace Corp work...guess I haven't thought about it...much!

dadshouse said...

You definitely have the travel bug. That's great! I also didn't realize you were a belly dancer. Do you dance other stuff? I had a girlfriend in LA who was a modern dancer, and belly danced to make extra money.

I've been to Italy four times, and other parts of Europe, but never Spain. Would love to go.