Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Things That Annoy Me.......

I was reading a blog where someone described her 10 pet peeves. I agreed with most of hers, and feel that it is time to share mine with you all. Here are some things that just annoy the shit out of me.

1.) People that chew gum with their mouth open so you can smell their breath too.

2.) People that breathe heavily while chewing gum with their mouth open or eating.

3.) People that walk directly behind me when there is clearly enough space for them to back up or walk a few steps to the side.

4.) People that have bad grammar or can't spell. I'm not talking about a couple of mistakes here and there. I'm talking about people that don't capitalize, misspell words, have poor grammar and don't know how to use a period or comma. Usually, they write combining all of the above.

5.)People that look directly at me and ignore me as I say hello and smile at work. I sit at the reception desk at the front door. The CEO always takes the time to smile and say hi. So do all of the executives and their admins. It's always people on the lower part of the totem pole that think it's okay to blatantly ignore the front desk person.

6.) People that drive so slowly, then speed up as they cross the yellow light, leaving me stuck at a loooong red light.

7.) People that don't use their blinkers.

8.) People that ride up on my bumper on the highway, even if I am over the speed limit. If you don't like my speed, move over. But don't ride my ass. I will just slow down and piss you off even more.

9.) People that slow down just to look at an accident on the highway. It slows down traffic, and I think it's rude.

10.) Missbehaved children, especially missbehaved teens in public with parents that won't do a damn thing about it.

11.) Men bashing. In society, male bashing has become more of an accepted practice. All men are lumped into one category of creatures that are unfaithful, deadbeats, and don't know how to satisfy women. The men that are this way don't care, and it only scares away the men that do care.

12.) I am sick of men complaining how women are gold diggers for having salary requirements. It's okay to look for a man that makes as much as you do or a little more. I wouldn't want to financially support a man. I also wouldn't want a man to resent me for making more than he does.

13.) People that are ashamed to be white. I volunteered at a place where many of our clients were Hispanic. One of the volunteers came in all scruffy looking (he went to Stanford) and spoke broken Spanish to everyone, INCLUDING people like me when clearly it isn't our first language. And the clients weren't around. I also had to listen to him talk about how he likes Hugo Chavez (Venezuelan president who hates the USA).

14.) How diet crazed we are in this country, yet most of us are still fat. We will do anything in this society to avoid eating a healthy diet. Diet sodas, diet pills, splenda, not eating bread, avoiding carbs. There are no shortcuts. It basically comes down to exercising and eating a lot of fruits and vegetables.

15.) Comparing leaders that we don't like to Hitler. Seriously, some of our politicians screwed up, but comparing them to a man who ordered millions of people to be killed for being Jewish or Gypsy is just asinine.

Oh, and I forgot to mention one more thing that really gets under my skin......... political correctness.

One thing I can't stand to witness is racism. But I think that we as a society have gone way too far and blow things out of proportion. We've become so afraid to offend someone and as a result have separated ourselves into different categories, instead of uniting ourselves together as Americans.

I am a white person. Go ahead, say it. I won't be offended. It's really not necessary to refer to me as Caucasian. I am white and can deal with it. In fact, I like who I am and am not ashamed of having white skin. I know where my family came from and I'm in touch with my heritage.

If you are African American and I refer to you as black, please don't get mad, because most refer to themselves as black anyway. I think it's interesting that white people from Africa that become American citizens can't be called African-Americans because they aren't black. Charlize Theron falls into this category, but she would be laughed at if she were to try and claim the title.

If you are a janitor, freaking own it. You are not a sanitation engineer. If you work at Subway, you are NOT a freaking sandwich artist. If you want a better title, do something else or finish your college degree.

At my job, they gave me a hyped-up title too. Honestly, I don't dare use it because it sounds ridiculous. Instead of inflating my title, they should think about inflating my pay.

Okay, I think I've said enough for today. Feel free to add in your own in case I missed something.

No comments: