Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, April 6, 2009

Random Happenings in my world

Hello All,

So Today I got a pedicure. Me likey. I now have red, sparkly toes.

I will get a hair cut in a couple of days. Gotta trim the split ends. My stylist is awesome, she always gives me sexy tresses.

I am so frustrated with the job search. I wonder if I will ever really get a legal job, or if all this schooling and working for free was for nothing. This blows.

I was perusing Craigslist today for legal jobs and it's such a joke. They want to pay legal assistants ridiculous wages. Like $10-15 an hour without benefits. My friend said that she went on an interview last year with a lawyer who was trying to get her to work for references in his firm. He wasn't doing pro bono work or serving the community. He was making a profit, but didn't want to pay my friend.

The sucky thing about it, is that he will probably get someone to do it. The really sad thing is, is if I didn't get my internship or volunteer experience, I probably would've said yes too. I still think he is slimy though.

Oh, what else......... yes the lady I live with told me I need to shorten my showers. Apparently I use a lot of water in there. Seriously, I pay rent, I am hardly at home, I haven't done laundry yet and I don't even use the kitchen. WTF??????? When can I just freaking live in peace without people telling me what to do ? Just let me shower and use a little extra water in peace.

I guess I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. I hope I will feel better tomorrow.

5 comments:

Myra said...

Tomorrow will be a better day! I love pedi's...pampering is good for the soul, but maybe not for the mood :)

Anonymous said...

Pedicures won't solve your problems, but at least you will have comfortable, good-looking feet on your job search. I am a pedicure devotee.

My job search hasn't been so stellar, but then I've turned down a few things that I'd not turn down if they were offered today. Can't cry over that, but I will give in easier henceforth.

Hope you find something that really speaks to your present skills and needs. ~Mary

Big Mark 243 said...

I hope things improve. As to the shower ... maybe the lady needs to get over herself.

Mike said...

Sad to hear the job search isn't going well. I hear the law industry is being hit now. Hopefully it turns around for you soon.

PorkStar said...

Oh the shower thing really ticks me.. i had that done by my grandma and my aunt and the more they nagged about it, the longer i took in the shower. Don't ask doing what cause thats not part of the story. : )