Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Thursday, April 30, 2009

An OMG!WTF!! Moment

Hello There My Lovelies,

Yesterday I had a drink with a fellow volunteer at a pub in my old neighborhood. It was a Wednesday night and I just wanted to chill out. The crowd is usually either college aged guys outside smoking or older dudes. I don't see a lot of chicks in there.

It's a small British Pub and they serve greasy food in there. I just had greasy garlic bread while my friend had burger and a beer. I didn't want to drink since I had to drive home. It's definitely a bar, there are no waiters, and it smells like stale smoke in there.

Anywho...... This woman with a stroller walks in at around 8pm and sits down. Immediately I just looked at her and thought "WTF are you doing bringing your baby in a stroller here at the bar ???" She saw me and knew what I was thinking. So she looked at me and asked me if her baby there bothered me....

I immediately looked for the biggest white lie I could find and proceeded to pull it out of my ass. I smiled and I said " No, actually, I am sitting in this huge chair where there is an open space next to me. Since you have a stoller, I figured you'd have more space for your baby sitting here. Would you like to have my seat ?"

What else could she say to me ? I then went to the bar stools where I could turn my back towards her and pretend that there really wasn't a baby in the BAR !!!

I don't say anything or give any looks when I see babies in nice restaurants, or on airplanes.

But a bar ? Hell yeah ! I won't say anything, but I will give a look or two, only because sometimes my thoughts get so loud in my head that I don't realize the look that is on my face.

I don't have children, and sometimes I just want to chill out and use foul language with other adults. I definitely don't want to hear a baby cry in an effing bar fer Chrissake !! The two just do not mix !

No parent is perfect, and I guarantee I will make mistakes if I ever decide to procreate. But one thing you will not see me do is bring a baby into a bar.

Kinda reminds me of the time I went to my friend's wedding................. This chick showed up in CHURCH wearing a lingerie top ( a lacy corset sold at Fredericks of Hollywood) with blue jeans with the straps for the stockings hanging over her jeans.

Just plain tacky, and definitely not in tune with her surroundings......................

4 comments:

dadshouse said...

WTF, indeed! Why did she bring her baby into the bar? The woman with a lacy top in church I can fathom - maybe she wanted instant atonement for some naughty business. But a baby in a bar? Kind of weird.

Quick thinking by you to offer her your chair!

Myra said...

Bizarre!

Big Mark 243 said...

Sounds like something that Joy, from 'My Name Is Earl' would have done!!

LYN said...

i have never understood that either..i have seen kids in bars on school nights too...wtf? indeed..