Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Friday, April 17, 2009

Dating and My Friend (No I am not dating my friend, lol)

Hello There Again My Lovelies,

So I want to blog about my friend, Ashleigh. Yeah, the one who I ate cake batter with (yeah, cake batter is delish). She's also one of my blog followers, but I don't know how to connect her here on this entry. I also call her Mama Cita, lol.

Well, I am happy because my mama cita found love with a wonderful man!! Ashleigh and I have been in relationships at the same time, and we have also been single at the same time as well. On our downtime as single ladies, we would commiserate together, lol. And boy do we have stories !! . I remember crying to her when I was going through my break up, and she would call me up too when she had man issues. She was the only friend that met my ex, so she knew him and gave me great advice that I should've taken immediately after the breakup: "Move on, don't answer his calls, you are way prettier than him, you can do a helluva lot better, he's too old for you, I really never felt he was right for you, etc.... among a bunch of other hilarious things about him."

And now I get to be here and be happy for her with her new guy. She met him off Yahoo Personals, and I am super happy because it was me that kept pushing for her to sign up for the free trial membership on Yahoo Personals. She didn't even have to pay and she found the guy !! I have used Match.com before as well as Yahoo, and both were huge flops. But I felt that there were hotter men on Yahoo, so I told her to just sign up. I kept pestering her to sign up for Yahoo. She was hesitant at first because she didn't have luck on Match. But I guess after nagging, she went on. I mean don't get me wrong, there were some serious douche nozzles on Yahoo as well, and I was about to appologize to her for recommending it, but just as she was about to delete her profile and forget about it, Mr. Great and her got in contact, and went out.

He is a wonderful guy, and when I first met him I was grinning ear to ear because I felt that he was just right for her. I think that I have high standards for who I would want for my friends, and this guy meets them. He is polite, and chivalrous. He is very handsome. I laughed when I first saw his pictures, but he looks way better in person than in his photos. He brings her candy ( I ate some) and flowers, tells her she is beautiful, makes her dinner. The thing that I liked hearing most was that when they went exclusive he took down his profile in front of her. I thought that was so nice.

I have never heard her ever talk about another guy the way she talks about him. And when she was talking about him, I got no bad feelings at all in the pit of my stomach. And when I met him, I saw this glow about him and I knew he was right for her.

In the past it was hard to be happy for my friends who were in happy relationships. All I could see were my insecurities, especially since I had a lot of trouble with relationships. As dumb as it may seem, I felt it was God's way of punishing me and rubbing their happiness in my face while I was busy making mistakes.

But now I am a little more confident in myself, as I am starting to see the mistakes I've been making. I have also realized that right now is not the time for me to go out and date. It took me a while to realize that. Because of that, I am able to be genuinely happy for my mama cita, lol. And I think that is a step in the right direction.

2 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

Being able to really be happy for the good news of a friend is a good sign of your maturity. I am very happy for her as well. I try not to sprinkle salt on anyone's wings, and I can only wish what I wish for myself ... THE BEST!

I think that you too, will be able to find the right person and that will be the right time! You are too pretty and too much fun to remain single!! Besides, when you get 'picked', I get to move up in the line!!

Myra said...

True friendship is when you can be happy for your friend, even when you yourself aren't paired. I think you are dead on by saying you are not ready...you know you better than anyone, and you've figured out that you have to work on yourself first. Hmm, thats a lot of "you's", but let it be about you for a while!