Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Job Search

Hello There My Lovelies,

So I am so happy that my classes are out. I finally got my grade for my last class. I got a B in Advanced Civil Lit. I'm sad that I got no As this quarter. But I was really burned out this past quarter, so I will accept the grades and move on. Now I just need to keep an eye out for my certificate in the mail. I also need to start ordering my cap and gown. It took me two years while working full time to get my paralegal certificate.

I also had a job interview in San Francisco yesterday morning. I woke up early to take BART and realized that I arrived in SF way too early. I got there at 7:30 and my interview was at 10am, so I just killed time walking around. I also went to Starbucks and pleaded them to help me, since I hadn't slept the night before. They gave me a latte with four shots and wished me luck on my interview. After about a half hour of drinking that, I felt the caffeine rushing through my veins.

I interviewed with a legal staffing agency. The lady there was super nice, and it all went well. She said that she loved my resume and my qualifications, but that the economy sucks hairy, dangling moose balls. Well, she didn't really put it like that, but she did say that jobs are very scarce. She used to have to scramble to find people to fill the positions firms offered. Now its the other way around. Now it's gotten so bad that experienced paralegals who are used to making $70,000 are having to settle for way less.

So all I can really do is just apply for every job that I am qualified for, sit back and hope that my phone rings. One thing that bugs me is after I fill out so many applications, and my phone just does not ring. Then I call up people in legal placement agencies to ask if they got my application and they either don't answer the phone or don't even have the courtesy of returning my calls or emails. Kinda like the dating world, almost.

I remember last year when I applied to a position off Craigslist. I got a call back to schedule an interview. I called back, and the attorney never bothered to pick up the phone. I left a few messages after and the receptionist kept giving me some excuse as to why the attorney wasn't in the office. That was frustrating. When I called they couldn't even tell me that the position was filled or they were no longer interested. They just let me call and leave message after message.

Anywho, time to go and fill out more applications. One thing I can tell you for sure, is that it sure feels wonderful to be out of school and have more free time to myself.

No comments: