Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, April 13, 2009

Ya Feel Me ?

Hello There My Lovelies........

There are two things that have been getting under my skin lately that I feel like blogging about.

1.) Is it just me, or has the level of English in the country gone down ??? In school, the importance of good grammar and spelling was definitely being taught. My teachers were strict about that, and I've attended many different schools growing up.

- I see typos in the newspapers, published books that we pay and arm and a leg for at Borders, typos especially online.

-My supervisors can't seem to grasp simple concepts such as capitalization and proper punctuation. Their e-mails are full of misspelled words. It's so unfair. Why don't I have a better job if many people with crappy writing skills are getting hired ? Educated people still can't differentiate between you're and your, or they're, their and there.

I am tired of seeing the English language mangled. I thought that as a country, we were better than that. It seems like we keep lowering our standards.

And you know what else is sad ? I've probably made a couple of typos myself in this entry and am too lazy to go back and have another look.

2.) I am tired of Lil' Wayne. If you don't know who I am talking about, then you are one of the lucky ones. I see and hear him EVERYWHERE. It's like he's collaborating with every artist out there, and he makes guest performances on their albums. Lady Gaga, Keri Hilson, and a bunch of others I can't remember. He is ruining all the good songs.

Lil' Wayne is a hip hop artist, and I've known about him since he was in a group called Juvenile, which I thought was awesome. I loved all their music.

But now he is solo, and not only is he butt ugly and looks like a rag-doll, but his voice alone is just awful and raspy. I can't believe women would want to bang him.

Anywho, that is all for now. Tootles :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy I have absolutely no idea who Lil' Wayne is(the no TV for years probably helps with that).

S wrote:and not only is he butt ugly and looks like a rag-doll, but his voice alone is just awful and raspy. I can't believe women would want to bang him.

I have, however, felt this way about other stars, many. No accounting for inane and unjust taste.

In your comment on my blog you mentioned including me in a new private blog. Thank you, I'd like to follow. ~Mary

Myra said...

I hear you on the spelling and grammar! Maybe some is due to technology u no...or is it that we're just too damn lazy to spell out the whole word because it might take 2 seconds more of our precious time!! I didn't know who Lil' Wayne until the Katie Couric interview just before the music awards. Now, I wish I'd never heard of him!

Big Mark 243 said...

LO-friggin' L!!

The grammar has steadily become worse, a lot of it is due to technology. Everyone let's 'spell check' do the work, and who cares about context?

Lil' Wayne ... where do I begin? Actually, I don't have to, you pretty much covered it all. But putting the latest hip hop producer du jour on your record, boost sales ... too bad they all can't be Timbaaland, and actually have some talent!

PorkStar said...

i'm totally with ya on the english grammar everywhere.. it's just ridiculous...

I know mine is not 100% good out there but still, in the media, and even at work... God have mercy on their grammar

Lil wayne can suck my left...
nipple