Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Total Reality TV Whore

Hello There My Lovelies........

I love watching reality TV. I don't watch them all, but I do have my fair share of faves. Here they are in no particular order.

1.) Millionaire Matchmaker
2.) Tough Love
3.) For the Love of Ray J
4.) Rock of Love with Brett Michaels ( Brett Michaels is my favorite manwhore, and I feel so sorry for the women that actually think he's looking for love)
5.) The Cougar
6.) The Real Housewives: Atlanta, New York, Orange County and I look forward to seeing the women from New Jersey in May

I love watching the above shows, but what's even more entertaining is reading up on the gossip online and finding out what really happened and what was edited out, and what was real and what was fake. For example, it's always amusing to find out that the women in the Housewives series are usually about to file for bankruptcy, or are renting the homes they brag about, or are not actually in a committed relationship because they are sleeping with a married man.

Don't get me started on Millionaire Matchmaker. A couple of months ago, I totally loved Patti Stanger. I still find her entertaining, and she does give some good advice. But as I continued to watch the show and read up on her more, I realized she is such a hypocrite. She boasts a 99% success rate, yet almost all of the people on the show didn't work out as a couple. The people casted on that show are questionable. One women was a Playboy model, another wrote a book about her affairs with married men and how to "protect the other woman", another woman was a raunchy cyber model. A couple of the men weren't even rich. One of the men who hailed himself as an artist didnt' own the home he was in on the show. That house belonged to his parents.

Patti talks about true love and marriage, but can't seem to get her boyfriend of 5 years to put a ring on her finger. She goes back and forth and says she wants marriage and then tells us that she'd rather focus on her career, and maybe marriage isn't much of a priority for her. Women that are truly in love don't say "Oh, I'd rather focus on my job". They want to be married, and I know that she does too, because she's mentioned it. I can also see her insecurities when she deals with millionairesses and tries to match them up.

I used to totally love America's Next Top Model, but I've grown tired of that show and Tyra Banks. I will blog about her some other time. Boy do I have an opinion about her.

Reality TV I can't stand.........

1.) For the Love of Money
2.) Top Chef
3.) American Idol
4.) The Women of Flava Flav

Don't get me started on Flava Flav. Actually, Flava Flav makes Lil Wayne look like a hot male model. I don't know why women fight for his love, for some dude that wears horns and a big ass clock around his neck.

Okay, that's enough talking about all these shows.

3 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

I only can imagine Flavor Flav in his first incarnation as the hype guy in the seminal band, Public Enemy.

I am going to try to watch both 'Tough Love' and 'The Cougar', but I don't think I will catch it on first air.

As to Patti Stanger, which is a show I just like, I assume that some of the cats and some of the ladies aren't what they seem, from my having 'a cup of coffee and a danish' with some folks like that.

Though I can't watch the Housewives, I get the 'hypocrisy vibe' you get from Patti Stanger from those shows. Again, having to have my 'cup o' joe' with ladies like that, is enough for me.

'The Love of Ray J'?? oh, the infamy!! LOL
L&r,
Mark

Mike said...

Maybe so they can take a crap on his floor. I never saw the show, but I saw that and I died laughing.

Myra said...

I do like Tough Love as I think Steve's advice to the girls is pretty right on. I'd say most of the girls are pretty typical of todays behaviors, maybe a bit more dramatic (hey, its TV), and thats why they can't find love. The one that just left, Stasha, didn't really "fix" herself, and maybe the show (or the other girls) just got to be too much for her.