Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bankruptcy Court

Hello There My Lovelies,

Last week I went to Bankruptcy Court and sat in two different proceedings.

The first proceeding was great, which was on hearings for the motion to lift automatic stay (in case there are any lawyers/paralegals out there).

I came in a little late, but the judge was real nice. He asked me who I was and told me to sit up front. There were law students present too. He was shocked that there was actually a bankruptcy class for paralegals rather than only law students. He asked me if I had any questions and if I understood everything. I thanked him, but told him I came in too late to actually understand the whole thing.

Then the attorney for the creditor took us aside in the conference room and answered all of our questions. He definitely didn't have to do that. The media definitely paints lawyers for the creditors as blood-sucking vampires, but this guy changed my opinion.

It is so nice when judges and attorneys go out of their way to be nice and make students like us feel comfortable. I always appreciate it, and never forget it, especially when a judge takes an interest in my education.

The law is a complex subject and when I first started out in the program I felt so overwhelmed. I remember my first trip to the law library, I even blogged about it. It took me a couple of hours walking around just to get a feel of the place. I was so intimidated at first. Now it isn't so foreign anymore.

No comments: