Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Fantasy Land

Hello There My Lovelies,

So much to write about. I will take this bit by bit.

First off, I am completely moved in to my new place. I moved everything in at a slow pace. I also got a storage so I don't feel crowded in my new room. I moved everything slowly so I didn't have to expend all my energy at once. That and I didn't want to pay for a moving van or solicit people for help.

Last night was my bellydance performance at Rakkassah. This is the third time that I performed there. Last time I performed was in 2006 with my troupe and 2007 alone with the sword. I had so much fun last night. I was nice to get time off work and not have to think about school or moving for a change.

Rakassah is the ultimate bellydance festival. Any dancer or group that wants to peddle their lessons or products come to Rakassah. It's like a fantasy land for bellydancers. Basically, you as a bellydancer can be anything you want to be, as long as it's not too slutty. Last time I danced there, my theme was a princess in the Sahara Desert with a sword. I came up with the moves, edited the music and got help with my costume. I have seen women bellydance to rock n'roll and design their costumes accordingly. Some women try to incorporate jazz. Some women have the whole tribal thing going on, and many keep it traditional. I am open to watching all types of bellydance, but I tend to want to keep it more traditional with Middle Eastern music.

This year I danced with a veil and danced on the floor. I practiced a lot and it was nice to see the progress that I made since the first time I did the routine. My costume was red, and my friend made the veil and the skirt for me. The ladies before me were professionals and famous in the dance world and did their fan dances. They drew a big crowd. I didn't think I had a chance to keep the audience's attention after the last performance. But I danced like I just didn't care, and it worked. People actually came up to me and told me that they loved my performance. I was so thrilled. I cherish every compliment that I get, especially from female dancers.

I saw a lot of different performances before and after mine, and thought that the dancers were much better than the last couple of years. I felt that the concepts were fresher. One woman danced with a snake. You can definitely tell when dancers put their heart into it. Another thing I saw was a male bellydancer, and he was quite good. I am normally not a fan of male bellydancers, but he retained his masculinity and knew how to shake it.

One thing I did not expect to see were hot men at the event. Usually you get the new agey type of men in the crowds. The guys at the door yesterday were so hot. OMG ! They were tall and buffed with chiseled facial structures. And they were so polite too. I smiled and they smiled back. The guys in the live bands were also hot. I was definitely pleasantly surprised.

I also did a lot of shopping. I spent a nice chunk of my tax refund. I subscribed to a bellydance magazine, bought the DVD of my performance as well as some costume stuff. It was all worth it and the vendors were really nice.

Anywho, that's all for now.

5 comments:

Mike said...

Congrats on being all moved in. It's something to be proud of.

A male belly dancer? I didn't there was such an animal.

Winivere said...

Oh, you mean I misse* all the HOT guys?! LOL... Soun*s like a great *ay, S! Hope you got some pics with the HOT guys. ha ha

Big Mark 243 said...

Wow, it is good to be moved in, and I really can appreciate how it felt to have the other girls say that they liked your perfomance. It was the same way when I would box, and another fighter or a trainer would pay me a compliment.

Very happy for you.

SweetAngelAsh17 said...

Shake it chica! I hope you told Marc farewell for me. Glad you had a great time at Rakkassah!

Myra said...

Compliments from other females is truly a gift to cherish because we tend to be stingy with our praise of our sisters! I'm sure you were great, because your heart is in it. Kudos to you for completing your move..a huge load off your mind, I'm sure!