Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Chillin' Like a Villain

Hello There My Lovelies,

I can't tell you how happy I am that school is out for me. The school quarter starts up again next week, and thank GOD I don't have to fight traffic deal with the bookstore or do any homework anymore.

I just hope that I don't get a letter in the mail stating that I need more units to graduate. I don't think that should happen, but you never know. I can't wait to get the certificate in the mail.

I am still waiting on my last grade for Advanced Civil Lit. I should know by Thurs. I am going to sell my textbook, and I think I should get a good amount back for it.

I started contacting legal placement agencies to look for a job. Two of the ladies from different companies that I've been keeping in contact with left their companies and now I have to develop new relationships with people that probably care less. Another company is in the middle of moving and won't even have time to consider my resume. Not to mention that the economy sucks. It's gonna be a long and bumpy ride. But whatever, as long as I have a job I am not desperate.

I remember talking to people at the legal placement agencies a couple of years ago when I first started my paralegal studies. I had such bad luck. A couple of people were kind and interviewed me, but ultimately I was told to contact them when I got my certificate.

Now I have my certificate and a little bit of experience. I hope that I will get a legal job by the end of this year. It would all be so much easier if people just straight up told you that they aren't interested. What gets me is when no one calls me at all. It makes me wonder if people even see my resume.

On another note, I got a manicure today. My hands feel so much better for it, and there is no rough skin around my nails right now. My hands are smooth and soft, and nails are filed and painted. I would like to have long acrylic nails for a little while. However, it's expensive, and on top of that, it's so bad for my nails underneath. So I will just stick to keeping it au natural.

Anywho, nothing more to really report.

2 comments:

Myra said...

I had acrylic nails put on about 10 years ago because it was all the rage...one of my nails on my left hand has a split right down the middle...it grows to a certain length then it spits. My nail has never been the same since. I would never do that again! Not to mention fungus, etc.! You're better off "au natural" as you put it!

Jimmy's Journal said...

A good paralegal is must for attorneys. My secretary went on to become a paralegal and I guarantee you that she's as good as or better qualified to practice law than the attorney she works for.

Take heart, my love, things will progress and you'll end up in a good job somewhere.