Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, March 2, 2009

Have you ever ?

Hello Again,

Have you ever heard a song that just grabs you, but you don't know the title or who it's by ? And for the life of you, you just can't figure it out ? And no one around you knows what you are talking about ?

Usually when I hear a song, I am able to figure it out because I listen to the lyrics and type them in Google.

But a couple of months ago I heard a song on the radio that I loved so much, but couldn't figure out who it's by because I couldn't understand the lyrics. The lead singer's voice wasn't so clear, but that's how it goes in grunge music.

That song was called "Would" by Alice in Chains. I love that song. That band is compared to Nirvana a lot. Apparently the lead singer died the same day as Kurt Cobain and they are both grunge bands. Back in the early nineties when all this was popular, I wasn't into this stuff like my classmates in middle school and high school were. I was into the teeny-bopper music. I didn't get into rock/alternative/grunge until I was in my second year of college. By then I realized what I was missing out on.

Yesteday I finally figured out the song because I heard it on the radio and looked at the playlist. I took down various songs listed and typed them into YouTube until I came up with the right song.

I feel so accomplished.

2 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

Now THIS I can chat about!! Liked 'Alice', Soundgarden and other bands from the Pac NW, but I adored Nirvana! One of my all time fave bands to this day.

Since I have been home, I haven't unpacked my cd's and listen to my old mixtapes from the 90's, with that stuff on it.

'Teen Spirit' still does something for me, so does 'Come As You Are'.

I have to suggest you try to check out a grrl rock band from those parts ... Sleater Kinney, who absolutely rock. The most accessible is 'The Hot Rock', but you can't go wrong with 'Dig Me Out'!

Let me know if you liked them!

PorkStar said...

The nineties sound so last century, good lord..