Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Hey baby, wanna enjoy a fling with me ?

Hello There My Lovelies,

So on the way to visiting my grandma a couple of days ago I stopped at Walmart. (Sometimes I like to call it Walfart) I found a new candy bar by Mars called Fling. It was sold in Australia before it came out here. I think it just came out here this year, and it's only sold in select stores. I know that it isn't sold at all Walmarts.

Basically it's a crispy center layered with velvety chocolate and comes in hazlenut, milk chocolate and dark chocolate. It's shaped like a Twix bar, which is also by Mars. But this is a girly girl's candy bar. I couldn't imagine a man eating it without questioning his sexuality. The wrapper is in pink, and the candy bar has a faint gold shimmer to it. Not only is it candy to the mouth, but candy to the eyes as well.

I love their little marketing spiel they've got going on. I love how they package this. The slogan is "Naughty, but not that naughty." Basically, it has less calories than your average chocolate bar. Makes me almost want to eat a fling after actually having a fling, lol.

I swear, if I had to design a candy bar, I would've come close to that. I love chocolate, but up until now I wasn't crazy about any of the candy bars out there............... until they sold this one.

What else.......... before I left for my grandma's a couple of days ago, I ran into an old friend from my very first dance troupe, Jewels of the Oasis. I was so excited to see her. I haven't seen her since 2003. Do you realize how much has changed since then ? I graduated, I lived abroad, I moved a million times, changed a bunch of dance teachers and am about to finish school again. We have so much to talk about, but I did get to hear about the different dance teachers she went to. It's interesting how small and connected the bellydance community is. It's always fun to talk to other women about classes, and teachers and their antics.

After I left that troupe, I thought about her a lot and always wondered how she was doing. I lost contact with her, mainly because I left the group so abruptly. And I never actually thought that I would even see her again. The interesting thing was I ran into her right in front of my mailbox where I go to receive my mail. Apparently she stopped in my side of town to get a sandwhich which is right next to my mailbox.

The last time this happened was on Easter last year. I was thinking about an old family friend who I never got to say goodbye to. I thought about her for a good two years. Then by chance I happened to go to IHOP to have pancakes, which was totally out of my neighborhood. While my roommate at the time and I were waiting for a table, she was standing right next to me.

Sometimes I think we're meant to reconnect with those we've lost touch with. Sometime's I dont' think it's just a coincidence. It's always nice to get a second chance to reconnect with people you've lost touch with. It's like God's giving me a second chance.

2 comments:

Winivere said...

Girl, you got my mouth watering. Hand over the chocolate and nobody gets hurt!!!!!! LOL... I will have to hunt it down next time I make a trip to WalMart.
XX

Myra said...

I don't believe anything is a coincidence, and chance encounters are not by chance at all. Perhaps God knew you needed to see these people for whatever reason. That candy bar sounds yummy, though I'd hate to bother the wrapping, so I would probably not eat it!