Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, March 16, 2009

Tough Love

Hello There My Lovelies,

As you already know I am a huge reality TV whore. Did I also tell you that I recently started watching Rock of Love with Brett Michaels ? Well, I am not proud of it, but I do like watching Brett Michaels. I will blog about him and his manwhorish ways some other time.

There is a new TV show out on VH1 called Tough Love, with the host Steven Ward.

Basically there are eight attractive women on the show that have issues, and Steve is there to frankly tell them their issues and help them find true love. One girl wants to be married by 25 and has her wedding planned out without the man. Another girl is a golddigger and won't date a man unless he makes millions. Another girl is 38 and wants to date men around 10 years younger but is upset that they don't want a woman her age.

I watched the first episode. When I first watched the previews, I was offended. I felt that Steve was lumping all women into one category: Insecure, baby hungry and desperate. You would have to see the commercial to know what I am talking about. But as I saw the episode, I felt better. I didn't get the feeling he was attacking women. He definitely picked 8 women with serious issues and I wouldn't say that most women act like them. Thank God for that.

At one point in the episode, he had each of the eight women walk out into a panel of men and the men had to critique them. I felt that was harsh, but then again, this was also a biased reality show where he had to show flaws.

While I was watching it, I had to wonder what men think of me when they see me out in public or when I talk to them. After seeing the criticism, I am glad I don't have to hear mens' thoughts.

Steve did give out good dating tips though, but then again those tips were common sense. One tip was something I don't think gets stressed as much as it should be: If a man compliments you, just kindly say thank you and smile. Don't try to change his mind. If he likes your hair and shoes, THANK HIM, don't try and tell him how you hate your hair because it's too frizzy and that your shoes are ugly. I see a lot of girls make that mistake, and I used to do that a lot.

I do think this show is good for one reason. Wake up the women that are delusional and think they are perfect and that every man would want them. I have definitely run into chicks like that before.

I am 28 and women in my age group as well as their early twenties tend to be delusional. Not all, but many are. I know I certainly was in my early twenties, and part of it was because there was no one around growing up to educate me about the dating world. I had to learn some harsh lessons in the past couple of years before I got straightened out.

We as women are trained to tell our girlfriends: "You're too good for him", or "he was intimidated by you" Many fathers think their daughters can do no wrong. That and the fact that it is really hard to take rejection. We would rather blame someone else than own up to our mistakes.

I can't be too upset at this show. Men have been critiqued and bashed on television for years. Patti Stanger on Matchmaker Millionaire critiques the men on her show. I guess this show Tough Love balances things out a little.

I would really be interested in seeing Patti Stanger and Steve Ward getting together.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You should check out Millionaire Matchmaker Patti Stanger's book BECOME YOUR OWN MATCHMAKER. It's raelly entertaining and full of awesome tips.

Myra said...

I agree, that most women don't see their flaws, i.e., wearing clothes, make-up that are not flattering for their body type or age. Then there are those that are so harsh with themselves, more than anyone would ever be! We are our own worst enemy. Men, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em!

PorkStar said...

totally up there with you girl lol

Big Mark 243 said...

I have always felt that you were honest about yourself. The only thing I would say, after reading you these last six or so months, is not to be TOO harsh on yourself.

Being real, is aligned with acceptance. I think that you accept yourself for who you are, and I am confident that when you want to find love, you will.