Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Friday, March 27, 2009

The Beginning.............

Aloha to you all my lovelies,

So yesterday I took my last final in Advanced Civil Lit. After that final, I learned that my grade for Bankruptcy Law was recently posted so I raced over to the computer in the library to have a looksie.

It turns out that I got a B-. Now it's no A, but it's not a failing grade. I busted my hide for that class, so I think it is a decent grade. The girl next to me in that class that is super smart and law school minded got a B, so I can't really complain I was sad because until this quarter I got all As. And to see my 4.0 GPA get tainted was a little disheartening.

I also didn't do so hot in my Civil Lit final and I don't think I will be getting an A either. This quarter was definitely a struggle.

But you know what ? I am done with the program and should be receiving my paralegal certificate soon. Besides, no law firm really cares about your GPA for your paralegal certificate. The only GPA they really care about is your undergrad degree.

So I will start hitting up firms for work. In this economy it could take a while. I learned that many firms folded, but that it isn't a sector that is really suffering like the financial sector is. So we shall see what happens.

But I don't regret taking Bankruptcy Law. I know I could've taken the easier route. But I was interested in that subject and I learned a lot. I learned that even though I didn't like the teaching method used, that I enjoyed going to bankruptcy court, and I think that I would enjoy working in the field. Also before I joined the class, I had the same views about bankruptcy as the rest of the public. But I learned that those views are usually misguided.

So now I will be continuing to work at my paid job while I intern for free for more experience. I will also be interviewing with firms. I expect it to take anywhere from 3 months to a year in this economy.

Let the beginning of my career begin...........

2 comments:

Mike said...

Good luck with it. Hey in this economy knowing bankruptcy is probably a plus.

Big Mark 243 said...

I agree so totally with Mike. You may find it to be good to and for you.