Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Tough Love Time !!

Hello There My Babies !

I normally say "Hello There My Lovelies". I've been saying that for at least a few years now. I got that from That Seventies Show. It's something Fes used to say to his friends. But now I feel that greeting may be getting a little old. So I am toying with something new.

I used to watch Conan O'Brien all the time in college and he used to look at the audience, shoosh them and say "Keep cool my babies" and it used to make me laugh every time. So, we shall see.

Today I watched Tough Love again. I really love that show. I like most of the women. I like the Serbian girl, Stasha even though she is a little abrasive. I actually saw her on Millionaire Matchmaker. She was caught giving her phone number to Brett, the millionaire at a mixer against the policy. But the girl I identify with most is Jessica.

I watch that show, see all the dumb things the girls say to mess up their chances with their dates and I wonder. When I go out, I don't say stuff like " I've been so hurt in the past and try to push men away" after a man asks me why I am single. I don't rattle off all my accomplishments. I don't even talk about my ex. Yet I am still single. It should be that simple, right ? Follow the rules and BOOM you'll be happy in love. At least that's what the matchmakers say. Well, not really.

But that's because it's not just about what you say with a date. It's also the vibe that you put out there. And after taking a good look at myself, I really don't have the "I'm ready to date vibe." Maybe I'll get into that on another entry. I could spend a lot of time analyzing myself.

When I go out on dates, I am polite, laugh, dress nice, smell good, don't bring the wrong topics, but that isn't all that matters. I really think that like women, the great guys that are ready to date are intuitive and pay attention to that.

Basically, while I do my best to cover it up, the truth is I am not ready to date. I sometimes go out and hope that I will change and put a different vibe out there, but my feelings are the same. I don't feel ready to put myself out there for someone. And in order to have a wonderful relationship, you have to put yourself out there and take that risk.

I watch the show and I feel for the women on that show. Yeah, they do and say stupid things, but that's because they're hurting and don't feel worthy of love. They've been badly hurt before. After laughing at their mistakes on TV, I bet many women end up identifying with them. I know I do.

I really wish I could feel different, but I guess that will take more time.

On another note, I have one more final in school until I am finished. Time to go and study.

2 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

Okay, I watch 'Matchmaker' and saw that girl sneaking her # ... I was wondering if it wasn't the GUY asking her for it ..? Patti should have got after him, to I think.

I will have to catch this Tough Love and see what's what.

If I was a woman, with the options available to y'all, I wonder when would I feel comfortable trying to date? Might have to think about that one for a bit!

Myra said...

I recorded this but haven't watched it yet! I listened to the guy who produces it (Steve Ward?) on a radio station I listen to on XM and am curious!