Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, March 23, 2009

Well Patti Stanger Says..............

Hello There My Lovelies..............

Okay, y'all know that I watch Millionaire Matchmaker with Patti Stanger. I also bought her book last month.

The book is addressed to women. It's a good book for the most part, but there are some things in there that I just either don't agree with or I don't think I would have the balls to pull off.

Case in point.....................

Patti says that men don't like short hair, curly hair, wavy hair or red hair. She said that in order to attract a man, you have to have long hair and straighten it out. Maybe that's what many men in HER club request, but she has a niche market.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard men say that they thing curly hair is sexy.
I have wavy hair, it gives my hair body, and I've gotten a lot of compliments. I do own a very nice Chi ceramic straightener and while it does make me look good I don't think the only way to get a date is with straight hair.

I also didn't agree with the red hair statement. She said that women with red hair aren't the freshest produce on the market. I have to disagree. I think that they are rare, mysterious and intriguing, and that men would be happy to be with a red head.

As to what I don't have the balls to do to match myself up with a millionaire............................

Well, let me be clear about one thing. I am not looking for a millionaire, but Patti assumes that women reading her book are out there looking for men that will provide for them. She says that in order to find your future husband that can provide for you, it's all about location, location, location !

She suggests that when you meet a man and he asks for your phone number you hand him your "bio card". It's a postcard size card with a photo of you along with your cell phone number and a very brief description of yourself. She says that while it may sound desperate, it is actually pretty damn smart. Look at realtors, that's why they post their pictures on their cards, so people remember their faces, and you're more likely to get a call back if your face is remembered instead of only your name.

Still, I don't think I would do that. I don't think that I am that type of girl. Really, if a man has a conversation with me and is really into me, he will call. He doesn't need my picture to remind him of who I am. I still think it's desperate.

Another thing she suggests is going to the car dealership such as Mercedes or Lexus and becoming friends with the car dealer. Basically, make friends with him and offer him a list of rich men that you've dated in exchange for him recommending some of his clients to date you. She's convinced that the dealer will be forever greatful.

While I think that may work if I were a professional matchmaker, but never in a million years would I ever try this to get a man for myself. No way, no how. First of all, I don't know any rich people, or single people with the income level that are actually in the market for a luxury car.

Second of all, even if I did know people like that, wouldn't the dealer laugh at me if he weren't busy trying to grope me first ? I just don't ever imagine that scenario ever working out.

The last thing she said is something that I wanted to ask all of you. She told us women readers that we should never take relationship advice from gay men. We should mainly get our advice from straight men, since the straight men are our target market, and women, since we're built the same.

What do you think ? Where do you get your relationship advice from ? I will speak for myself and say that it does not matter. I will take it any way I can get it, man, woman, gay, straight. I would not exclude a gay man's advice, and believe it's most honest, they don't sugarcoat it.

Anywho, the book is interesting, and I can't wait for her next episode in a couple of days.

3 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

If I had to venture a guess, I would call Patti's technique as something she has had success. One of the reason that I use 'sports and the military' as analogies for relationships, is the stragegies are 'similiar'.

Patti is like an 'assistant coach' or a coordinator for a football team that plays a certain way. It is her style, and if you want to 'play' that way to reach your goal, then those are the things you should do.

My thing with her, is that it seems that she can be overwrought, thinking it is 'her way or the highway', but it is shot for dramatic effect.

As far as advice, the WORST person to get advice from is one of your girlfriends!! The NEXT worse person is a homosexual. A lesibian may have an adversarial relationship with men, and a gay men is actually looking for something different, not the same.

If somehow, you and a guy (say like you and I) get over the sexual dynamic and get to be friends, THAT is someone who can give you useful advice. Guys are 'down' for their friends, so a dude would flat out break it down for you in very simple terms if he thought you were messing up.

Also, a man would be more honest with you, offering up the tricks HE USED and that is why he recognizes what is and isn't really working. And even if he didn't use 'tricks', he heard of them or saw others use them.

Watching women (and gay men) offer 'relationship advice', there is a lot of crap in that. They are conflicted by their own failure in relationships, which keeps them from offering good advice. Man, being able to use a girl's friends for 'positioning' in her life ... a guy can smell that, and work it against you.

Dag ... I hope my point got across. Felt rambly for a bit. Hope I remember to watch on Thursday! Be well!

Myra said...

I've watched her show...she's too strong for me! And when men don't take her advice, she disses on them! I finally watched Tough Love last night...interesting! I do think Steve has some valid points, and the girls definitely need help!

Mike said...

Hair styles and colors. EVERY guy like something different. While most will like longer hair. I've never heard it be a deal breaker. I like long black hair and in all my years I think I only dated a handful.

I knew a girl that did the card thing. No offense, but it screams this is business. If a guy likes you he'll remember you. I don't waste my gray matter on guys, but I always remember women.

I have no idea about asking gay men. However asking straight guys you trust is really a big help. I remember 2 female friends talking in front of me while driving. I finally asked did they want my take. A guy will tell you what a guy is thinking.