Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, March 9, 2009

Things to Do

Hello There My Lovelies,

So I am almost done with my huge bankruptcy project. Praise baby Jesus ! I am starting to feel better already. It's almost like the relief one would feel after taking a huge dump. Yeah, so after crapping out this huge monolithic mass of paperwork, I expect to feel good for a while.

Tomorrow I will be going to the dentist for fillings. One thing I can't stand is getting a shot in the mouth. I can't stand those needles. I also can't stand getting my teeth drilled.

I used to not be so afraid of the dentist untill 2006 when I decided to make the mistake of going to Western Dental, which is the chop shop of dentists. I went because they were open on Saturdays.

When I went in there, it looked like a bad rundown STD clinic you see in the movies. The place looked old, and the waiting room was so depressing. The office was right next to a worndown Western Union. I should've taken a clue right there.

In the waiting room, they kept replaying the movie Elf all the time. I won't ever watch that movie again. While waiting, and looking around at the others waiting, I was depressed. They had a security guard posted, and there was a strick policy of only letting patients use the bathroom. Apparently people used to come in and destroy the bathroom. Kids were screaming, half of the people in there looked like they were here illegally, and some of the people looked downright homeless.

The staff didn't have a clue. I remember going back to pay a bill. The woman there didn't know what to do, so instead of asking someone for help, she told me to sit down and left me sitting there until I realized she wasn't ever going to help me.

When I went in for my first appointment there, I was told that my appointment was at noon, but they didn't actually see me until about 3pm. That was my first chance to run for the hills and never look back. Unfortunately I was too stupid and I waited it out.

When they finally sat me down in the chair, no one really acknowleged me. I ended up staring at the wall for over an hour.

When someone came over to give me a shot to numb my mouth, they used a huge needle, and instead of making it as smooth and painless as possible, just wiggled it around a little bit. And I didn't just get one shot either. I think they did that to me three times.

Not only did they suck at administering shots, but they did such a horrible job on my teeth that I had to go back, take a shot again and get my teeth sawed down.

Now my dentist is much better, but I am still scared.

And I don't want to go to the dentist tomorrow. Unfortunately, I have a lot of work that needs to be done. After getting fillings, I will still need oral surgery and then after that braces.

::Shudders::

2 comments:

SweetAngelAsh17 said...

I remember you telling me me about that experience. No bueno. Most dentists give two shots for doing fillings.

See if they have that sedation dentistry available to keep you calm. It might help!

Myra said...

Once you find a good dentist, stick with him/her! I've had my dentist for over 10 years, and I am faithful to cleaning every 6 months. I haven't had too many problems. I was 46 when I got braces, now I wear a retainer only at night. Best thing I ever did! Oh, and my orthodontist...so nice and cute!