Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, July 4, 2009

My Mini Vacay in Mendocino




Hello There My Lovelies,
Blogger is free, and I don't have a clue how to use the slideshow, if that even is an option, so please go easy on me for my awkward format today. For starters, every time I post images in my bloggy here, my writing ends up smooshed together, into one big pile, even though I try to space it out. So please know that I am not careless, it's the format. Maybe I can upgrade into a better blog format down the road.
As you know, I bought a digi cam a couple of weeks ago, so I decided to take some pics. The pics in the forest were taken on the way up to my grandma's house.
I stopped in the woods to snap some shots. It was so quiet and peaceful with the occasional car zooming by. But the air was crisp, and the sun was shining through, and it was very calm. The whole way up I had been blasting my music. But to turn that off and get out of the car to take pics in the forest is an experience I haven't had for a while.
The pics of the animals such as the quail and deer were taken in my grandma's house, as she has a nice view of the forest as well as the beach. There are no pics of the beach because although it is sunny here in the SF Bay and hotter than Satan's asscrack, it was a different story in Mendocino. It was foggy and cold. Maybe I will get better shots next time.
The cat is named Sweetums, and she owns my dad. You think I am trying to be cute, but I am not. This cute ball of fur has my old man wrapped around her paws. Her full name is Mistress Sweetums, but I just call her Sweetums and she is a sweet cat. The pics of the red flowers are in my grandma's garden and the pics of the yellow flowers were taken in town.
Feel free to use the pictures for your enjoyment, but please remember that these are mine, they are my work, so just let people know where you got it if you use it.







































































































































































3 comments:

Frequent Traveler said...

Swwetums and my ragdoll Flopsy must be sisters, they look so much alike !
Mendocino sounds and looks gorgeous - i love fog and cold and forests... there is something serene about it. lucky you to see all that at grandma's !

Myra said...

Sounds like a lovely trip. Cold? Can't imagine that in July!

Angela said...

Beautiful pictures! I like them all, I love the forest ones, but I think my favorite are the quail pictures...especially the fuzzy baby quail...awesome photography work!