Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Rapeage at the Dealership

Hello There My Secret Squirrels,

So I had to take my car to the dealership. Basically, the DMV sent me my registration notice. I can't just send the check until I take care of the recalls on my car, which is a Nissan.

Did I mention that the lovely state of CA has seriously jacked up their registration rates ? My registration went up $40 and my car was a year older and more banged up than the previous year. Gotta love the budget crisis we're in.

Anywho, I took my car to the dealership and they took care of the recall stuff and reset the computers.

And the guy there kindly did an "inspection" on my car and gave me a list of "repairs" that I would need to take care of "as soon as possible".

-I needed to replace my front brakes, I had a dirty air filter, and my brake fluid was dirty in addition to a couple of other things I can't remember. They wanted to charge me around $700.

I took it to my mechanic who told me that the only thing that I needed to do was get my front brakes taken care of in about six months and he would only charge me $250 instead of the $386 the dealership wanted to bend me over for. I asked about all the other stuff the dealership mentioned and he laughed and said that I didn't really need to do all that stuff.

Thank goodness for my mechanic.

3 comments:

Frequent Traveler said...

Never go to a dealer - they always rip you off. If the mechanic is reputable and trustworthy, do what he suggests asap - brakess are too important to wait around to fix.

SweetAngelAsh17 said...

We both got raped today over our cars....Dent Pro did the repair for 225 but still that sucks! Had to use the ccard for some of the cost.

Air filters are supposedly easy to replace, once you find where it is to change it :)

Angela said...

Glad you didn't fall for the dealership deal.

Remember the places on Minnis circle? I always took my car there and saved a ton of $$.

Still, don't wait to get the car fixed!