Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Chillin' Like A Villain

Hello There My Lovelies,

So lately I've just been feeling burned out.

My former professor had me volunteer a couple of weeks ago, and I was supposed to get called back to show up and volunteer again. The organization we volunteered for is brand new, and people that run it are supposed to meet and get back to us, and I haven't heard anything lately. Very frustrating, it's not like I am asking for money here, I am just trying to volunteer. I came across a flier at my gym stating that the organization may be shut down due to lack of funding. The public could stand in and protest, but I found the flier too late. It's all up in the air, and I wish I knew what's going on.

On the other hand, I've been working out a little more lately. I lifted some weights, and I never lift weights. My arms are so sore that I can barely lift my arms. I like to listen to my iPod while working out. I can't wait until I get my new laptop so that I can download more of my favorite songs.

Nothing more really to report. I was watching the Tyra Show today. She is something else. On her show today, she did a segment about "African American Hair". She showed up with her hair in cornrows and started talking about how African Americans are so ashamed of their natural hair. She was talking about how they should be more proud of their hair, and how they shouldn't have to wear weaves or use chemical relaxers in their hair. Then she showed a bunch of children saying how they wish they could have "white people hair" while the audience gasped.

I thought the whole thing was ridiculous. I could not believe Tyra had the nerve to suddenly act like she is proud of her natural hair when she wears BLOND WEAVES to the show every day. She wears a weave which is dyed blonde and straigtened. I don't know how much more altered she can get. She wants to tell her fellow African Americans to embrace their natural hair, yet she spends thousands of dollars on hers ? WTF ?? Like her taking out her weave for one day is really going to inspire everyone.

"White people hair"? Hahaha. During the show people featured kept saying they wish they had white people hair. A couple of people mentioned Latina hair, but most of what they showed were little black children talking about how they wanted hair like white people, probably to get a strong reaction out of the audience. So ridiculous. One of the children pointed to the blonde wig Miley Cyrus wore in Hannah Montana and Tyra almost cried when the little black girl said she wanted blonde hair. Hell, I wanted blonde hair as a child. I used to wear long wigs and stuff my bra as a ten year old. But as I got older, I embraced my natural hair color. What, she's not allowed to try and be like Miley Cyrus because she's a different skin color ? I thought Miley had a huge following of all different groups.

I am so sick of this bs on TV. This is part of why I stopped watching America's Next Top Model. Tyra has made a mockery out of the fashion industry, and most contestants never actually make it in the modeling world.

Just my .02

2 comments:

Myra said...

I just watched the finale of Tough Love that I had DVR'd a couple of weeks ago. What did you think? I like the show, he tells it like it is (and not just from the male perspective), and most of those women don't want to hear it. I didn't think Shane and Jodi would stay together, but she was able to be herself, so there is hope for her. The others, the girl who went back to TX to the ex, lost the hot guy that was really into her.

Big Mark 243 said...

I keep forgetting to look for 'Tough Love' on the show guide ...

... Tyra Banks is a joke ... maybe I will do a entry about the inconsistency in black folks ...