Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Legal Stuff

Hello There My Lovelies,

Today in the mail I received my paralegal certificate. I was shocked that it came so early. The graduation ceremony is next month so now I must blow cash on the cap and gown, and invite friends and family.

So it looks like I may be leaving my internship soon with the Public Defender's Office. I just started volunteering with a new family law clinic last week, and I am waiting to hear about the next meeting. Last week my former teacher was there to coach me through filling out all the Judicial Council forms for a divorce. It was a lot of work, but I could really learn a lot. I hope I hear back from my former teacher soon. While I am looking for a legal job, I should be getting as much legal experience as possible. Especially since the economy is still in the shitter.

I took Family Law last quarter and had to do a divorce for my project, properly referred to as a Dissolution of Marriage. I am glad I got schooled early, as I have learned that marriages are really easy to get into but very difficult to get out of. That class has taught me to be a little smarter about marriage, and how to make sure I keep my ass covered ICSH. ( In Case Shit Happens).

4 comments:

Myra said...

I walked away from my marriage...let him have everything; just wanted out! Regrettably, I was entitled to half and I failed to secure it for myself. Hindsight is 20/20.

Big Mark 243 said...

You have every thing together ... if I had things as in sync as you do when I was your age ... well, lets say I am trying to get like you now!!

Spank said...

What is "Hello there my lovelies" from?

Senorita said...

Hi Spank,

"Hello there my lovelies" is actually from That Seventies Show. It was Fez who said it.