Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Grandma

Hello There My Lovelies,

Last Tuesday my grandmother ended up in the hospital. I wish I could write about it, but out of respect for her I really would rather not talk about her condition on my public blog.

We were all scared for her, but now she is healing and should be back home soon and on the road to recovery. I really wanted to make the drive and see her, but when I talked to my grandma over the phone, she said preferred that I didn't see her like that.

Something about my family........ My aunts, uncles and cousins really stepped up to take care of her, look after my grandpa and hold the fort down.

The hospital staff was wonderful when I called. The nurses understood the emotions I was going through and did not try to rush me off the phone. They were open to me visiting and even said that I could spend the night with my grandma if I wanted to. They told me "That's your grandma, I know how it is."

Here in the SF Bay Area, hospitals have strict visitation hours and kick you out after. Plus the nurses are more overworked.

Anyway, I was just happy that so many people love my grandma and that she was well taken care of. She had a lot of people stop in to visit, and a lot of people called, and a lot of people are stepping up to the plate to help her recover. That's all I really want for her.

I really admire my grandma's attitude through all of this. She wants to get back to work as soon as she can. She is almost 89. I hear family members saying that she needs to slow down, and that she needs to stop working, but I respectfully disagree with them. If she wants to work hard, let her work hard. It gives her drive, and it makes her happy. I think I would want to follow the same path.......

8 comments:

Mike said...

Here's hoping your grandmother feels better.

Jimmy's Journal said...

Good for you...! I hope your grandma recovers well.

Jimmy

Charmaine said...

You're grandmother is the BOMB! Love her. She's sounds like a tough old broad. I'll bet she didn't drag your grandfather down "the isle".

Senorita, we will wait for real men and not settle for less.

Mucho Gusto!

Winivere said...

I see where you get your attitu*e from! LOL... What a great woman she is!
XX

Myra said...

I agree that she needs to keep busy for as long as she can if that is what she wants. Just seems when seniors do slow down their health seems to detoriate. Hope grandma is up and at 'em again soon!

Big Mark 243 said...

Glad Grammy is feeling better.

Meg said...

Hoping your grandma is on the mend!

Love your blog! I am officially going to follow you now!

PorkStar said...

Oh sorry to hear that. My grandpa was in the hospital on Friday too. ALl good now. I hope you gm is doing better.