Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, May 4, 2009

Cinco de Mayo

Hola !!

First of all, thank you all for the comments you left about my grandma. Grandmothers are truly a girl's best friend. One thing I am greatful for is the meaningful conversations I've had with her lately. I got to tell her how special she is to me, and she needs to hear it.

So tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo. I used to live in a Hispanic neighborhood. On that day everyone hung up their huge Mexican flags, broke out the beers and turned up la musica ! One thing I miss about my old neighborhood is the taqueria down the street which was open until 3am. Awesome greasy Mexican food rules.

One thing I don't miss............. obnoxious Banda music that the neighbors turned up. The base alone was enough to drive me up the wall. It would seep through my walls to where my bed would vibrate.

One thing I am trying to do though is go Latin dancing with my friend. I miss doing the salsa, bachata and merengue.

5 comments:

PorkStar said...

Wow you are more latino than i am. I can't stand salsa, merengue, MUCH LESS bachatta. The latter drives me crazy. Completely crazy.

LORENZO said...

Lived in a "ghettoey neighborhood" for three years...bachata blasted off the walls, they would turn it up and refuse to turn it down until the police arrived. They sat around drinking cases and case of beer on the weekends.The kids ran in the streets until 11 or twelve o'clock on a school night. It was like they were living on vacation in the USA! So bachatta drives me crazy for many reasons, not just the inane synthesizer riffs...

Big Mark 243 said...

Thanks for reminding me ... I am going to head down to southwest and hit up my fave spot!!

Obnoxious neighbors are everywhere ... as much rhythm as you have, you should have been out there leading the lines!!

Meg said...

The LATINO in me never, ever goes away...Happy Cinco De Mayo!

Myra said...

I can't stand banda music...its a nasty dance too! Here in the SW Tex Mex dominates...gotta be in the mood, though hearing it makes me want some tequila!! Tee hee...have a great day!