Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Thursday, May 21, 2009

The pretty and the full of crap

Hello There My Lovelies,

So yesterday was my day off from work. I lounged around the house all day, and it was nice. I am trying to save my money, so staying home helps prevent me from splurging at the mall.

I went for a jog in my old neighborhood. About 3 years ago I lived in a nice neighborhood at the foot of the hills near an old winery. I was in love with that house, and the neighborhood. I still dream about it once in a while as there was a lot of sunlight and it was peaceful. Unfortunately, I had to move out because the landlord at the time would never come to me directly if he had a problem. He would either punish me without telling me or he would just pull new rules out of his ass. We would never actually sit down and have a discussion, which was sad. It was too bad, as I really enjoyed the house and the neighborhood. Since then, I haven't fallen in love with another place.

So anyway, I went for a jog and did some exercises using the park bench. I also tried to climb some of the obstacles at the park and use the monkey bars. It's real good exercise, and I am definitely not 10 years old anymore (the last time I used monkey bars.)

It was beautiful evening and I watched the sunset while walking and listening to my iPod. When I lived in that area, I would walk down to the lake and watch the mother duck tend to her fuzzy ducklings.

Other than that, I've had a little drama at work. One of the guys at work has been telling me to my face over and over and over......... that:

1.) I don't know how to communicate with people properly. I talk at people, not to them.
2.) Everything has to always be about me
3.) I'm not experienced in life, and I've never really been anywhere
4.) There are people that don't like me and most don't get along with me.

First of all, I've never done anything to this man. I've had disagreements with other people, but not really him. I just don't know where he really gets his ideas from, because I try not to talk to him while working with him. In fact, I smile and try to work with him as nicely as possible.

If I could just walk away, I would, but I can't. I sit at a reception desk. Therefore, when this jack ass comes over to spew his ideas at me, I can't leave, I can't walk away, and I can't tell him to shut up. Because then he would get in my face, and I don't want management to get involved. I just want to get paid, go home and pretend he doesn't exist. I've seen him ask other employees if they "wanna take it outside" and I've had to stand between him and the employee and calmly ask each other to calm down.

So a couple of days ago, he steps it up and tells me two more things:

1.) I am spoiled
2.) I don't have any experience with "urban" people. I don't know how to deal with "inner city people." The guy who said this to me is black. He made it a point to tell me that I would never survive in an inner city environment, and that I would get mugged. (No shit sherlock, why do you think I don't live there ?)
3.) He's lived in the hood, and been in the military, and I've never really been anywhere.

Seriously, what the hell ? He knows nothing about me, except that I am a white girl, grew up sheltered, am more on the conservative side and have more of a docile personality on the job. So he just took all that, and decided that I am stuck up, and don't know anything about life.

I don't know why the hell he thinks he has the right to talk to me like that. I told him that he should stop stereotyping me, but then he got all mad and said that he was just taking the facts and showing them to me. Had he taken the time to know me, he would realize that I've actually lived overseas, and though I've never lived in "urban areas" like Chicago, I have dealt with "urban people". It's part of my volunteer work. I'm trying to learn, I am trying to see how how others live. Besides, I never claimed I was familiar with "urban life."

I knew he was a real prize to be won when he said " I grew up in Chicago where Obama did." Oh wow, he brought Obama into the argument so therefore I must really listen to him. I told him that I could care less about Obama because this is between him and I and not Obama. Then he was like "Oh see ? You don't care about Obama. That's what I'm talking about."

Besides, I treat "urban people" just like any other person. I say hello, goodbye, I laugh if they're funny, or I argue if they're being a jackass. Why should it be any different ? Categorizing people does not help unite everyone together.

What a dumb ass. I never asked him for his opinion, and it really gets my panties in a waded bunch when bitter people like him decided to shove their bs ideas on me. Especially when I am not in a position to walk away. I've tried tuning him out, but he keeps talking and talking and talking.

I have to work with this grade A douche bag all this weekend.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to you too.

Kisses to all !

2 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

I don't know if you want me to 'interpret' for this cat or not, but he is a weak, quiet punk, who is obviously attracted to you.

His calling you out on your 'cred' is his way of acknowledging that you are out of his class. The summary judgement on how you treat urban people is all about that ... you haven't paid his gestures and 'non-verbal' cues.

Had he any game at all, he would have let YOU KNOW that he was cheking you out. I mean, even if he was a loser that thought he had some, he would managed to let you know that he was getting a 'stiffy' thinking about you.

What a wuss!! HE is the one doing all the bad mouthing about you, and what prolly gets him, is that no one, or hardly anyone agrees with him.

What a putz.

As to the monkey bars, you have to do stuff like that on a reg'lar basis. What you described, is how I felt when I first started to try to get in better condition. I am sure that when I add resistance training to the program, I will hit another 'wall'.

Be cool, and don't even let this cat have the pleasure of EVER knowing that you think about his criticism. No matter what, he is going to claim either an influence (see, she is acting better to people cause of me checkin' her) or he is going to keep bad mouthing you ... in fact, until you hang with him, he is going to snipe.

And should you make the mistake and purposely give him 'play', he will drag your name and rep at work thru the mud.

He obviously can't take a joke. F*ck him.

Myra said...

Mark said it best...F*ck him! I agree he is attracted to you and doesn't know how to articulate it other than knocking you down. Kudos to you for working out in any way you can. It pays off!